I serve a great big God, how about you? This trip to Ecuador was divinely orchestrated. There were things at home that made me question whether I should come. But a good friend pointed me back to my reason for going in the first place: God's glory.
It was hard to walk away. It was painful to say good bye, questioning what news I may hear when I got home.
But I came. And my first day here, God used three amazing women to remind me that God pulled me away from everything for one purpose: His glory.
Shortly after getting to Ecuador, I found out that my dear cousin Eva was super sick. I won't take forever to explain the situation because you probably know a lot of it already but even if you don't the point isn't the details of her major illness. The point is this has been a really difficult time for my family and I have struggled with being far from home. But I knew God brought me here for a reason: His glory.
As I have struggled to keep my focus here, God has shown Himself faithful to provide the energy despite limited sleep, focus despite myriad distractions, and peace despite the trials. God is bigger than my problems. That's what I shared with the kids at children's church last night. And it's true. He has the power to heal even if that healing is our hearts in the face of great loss. The point is always the same: His glory.
He has chosen to work amazing things in Eva's body so far. He is bigger than human medicine, wisdom, and frailty. He is being glorified in this situation. And that is the point.
I serve a great big God, how about you?

No comments:
Post a Comment