Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ecuador Day 4

I was realizing today that the gospel is beautiful in any language. It doesn't matter what language you say it in, the truth that Jesus Christ came to earth, died on the cross in my place, and rose again three days later is staggeringly stunning. As our team saw a beautiful sunset tonight and then had the opportunity to be involved with sharing the gospel with an Ecuadorian family, I was moved nearly to tears by God's amazingness. Which took me back to our group devotion this morning about God's faithfulness. He is faithful in our salvation, in securing us, in protecting us from sin, in cleansing us from sin, in the midst of our suffering, and in revealing Himself in the Scriptures. (See I Corinthians 1:9, I Thessalonians 5:24, I Corinthians 10:13, I John 1:9, I Peter 4:19, Revelation 21:5-7)
I serve a really big God, One who created the universe, and yet He is so personal, speaking to me in the midst of trying times, even when my heart screams, "Get away from me!" He reaches out. He calls to me in the midst of the storm. He initiates time and time again despite my rejection of Him, despite my stubborn defiance, my self will, my selfish independence which says I can do this on my own.
As we did a scavenger hunt in a local market today, I learned that as much as I would like to deny it, I need people. I was able to do ok. I knew what I needed, and I enjoyed the process. My realization of my need for people came in recognizing that my team was there. I didn't need them to take a lead or do anything for me. I just needed the reassurance of having them there. I cannot continue in my stubborn reliance on myself. It benefits no one and is actually a hindrance often of accomplishing those things I set out to do.
Here are my purchases from the market...

No comments:

Post a Comment