Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ecuador Day 1

I wish you could see this beautiful valley as I see it. The mountains all around are breath taking. The buildings have their own character. The hearts of the people are warm and inviting, but oh so lost. For the next 11 days, this place, the heartrendingly beautiful place is my home. There have been so many reasons not to come, so many barriers, so many painful things. But God has been faithful. He insisted I come and at every roadblock He has shown His power to overcome. And now I am here. What a beautiful gift God has given in bringing me here. He is doing great things my friends, behind the scenes. In my heart. We just got back from the open air market. I love open air markets. I love the people. Have I mentioned that I love people? Trying new food has been awesome. And meeting new people has been great!
So technically today is day two but yesterday was kind of a whirlwind of exhaustion. Good day. Just little sleep and lots of travel. We spent the evening at a game night with some of the locals. Very fun. Challenging because of language and being tired but still a lot of fun.
So we will be going to church tonight at the home of one of the missionaries we are visiting. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment