I already knew that we were developing amazing friendships here but it became so evident tonight. You don't laugh with someone from another culture unless you have developed a connection that transcends those cultural barriers. Tonight at a Bible study, I found myself laughing and joking around with these women I have only recently met. And I shared tears with them as we shared our experiences of how big our God is. I needed that reminder. I needed someone who has really experienced hard times to remind me that God is bigger than those things. My family is experiencing a big hardship right now. And I'm not there for it. I'm in another country. My heart hurts for my family members right now. These big things are scary. But my God is bigger than all that. And He knows what is going on. He hears my prayers, the prayers of my team. He is there. He is here. My family is not alone. I am not alone. I am right where God put me, and hard as that can be, I am not going anywhere until it is time to leave. Praise God for my sisters in Christ who shared their hearts with me tonight and lifted me up in unexpected ways.
This is me peeling a plantain for molloco... It's a really tasty, very versatile dish. I'll tell you about it later though.

No comments:
Post a Comment