So you probably don't know this about me, but I LOVE weather. I know that probably sounds weird. But it's me, so weird should be expected by now. Anyway, I do love weather. I love watching the Weather Channel, I love talking about the weather, I love tracking the weather on my phone apps (yes, that is plural). I have loved weather as long as I can remember. I had a crush on the weather man who broadcast on the local news station my parents' watched when I was growing up. I actually wrote a letter to the National Weather Service asking about hurricanes when I was a kid. It was a great day when I got a letter back that actually answered my question and gave me the list of hurricane names they use. They were listed in alphabetical order by year. The names go on a 7 year cycle. When hurricanes are really bad, that name is retired and replaced (ie Andrew and Katrina). I am pretty sure I still have that letter because I was so proud of it. Oh, and by the way, I didn't write the letter as a school assignment. We did have a school assignment to write a letter to an organization/company once, and I proudly bragged about how I had done that before.
Besides love meteorology though, I truly love weather. I'm inordinately excited right now that it is raining. It's not that there was anything wrong with the weather before that, I just like the rain. And the sunshine. And snow. And wind. I think you get the point.
So... what does this have to do with anything, you might ask. Good question! As I am packing up stuff, trying to decide what will go with me to school, I find myself thinking more and more of what I will find when I go. I am excited by the fact that I know there will be a lot of wind. I really like wind. It reminds me of the many facets of who God is. A gentle breeze reminds me of His love. A storm wind, believe it or not, often reminds me of His protection. The stronger a strong wind, the more I am reminded of His power. I could go on for a while; to me each new experience of the wind is a new experience of God.
But lately I have not noticed it as much as I used to. And by lately I mean the last few years.
Part of the issue has been that I have been indoors a lot more than I used to be. Part of the issue is that I have been too busy to notice much of anything. But the biggest piece of this pie is that I have become so absorbed in what I have been doing that I haven't taken as much time as I used to in order to notice what God is doing. That brings us back to leaving my job and going to school. I need to refocus myself so I can actually hear myself think and look at what God is doing in my life. I need to take some time in the weather, specifically the wind, which I should get a lot of in the plains.
No comments:
Post a Comment