How simple of a title, and yet how profound the truth. As I've been walking this journey toward school, I've had many opportunities to have a total freak out moment. I start to panic a little and then remind myself that I am on the path I am meant to be on and it will all work out. And I feel better, ignoring the perfectly logical reason to be a bit anxiety-riddled. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, something happens that allows me some insight into behind the scenes stuff where that thing I was just a little edgy about turns out to be completely taken care of. Unexpected solutions keep popping out of the woodwork. And so I can sigh with relief and move on to the next thing.
That's the nature of belief. When our faith encounters roadblocks, we have the choice to see it as a valuable opportunity to grow or as a terrible place to fail. It's very easy to see the negative. For one thing, we are surrounded by negativity all the time. And it is possible to function while looking on with pessimism. It's just not a very pleasant way to go through life either for yourself or for those around you.
The other option, then, is to see trials as opportunities to grow. I've been through a few rough patches in my life and as things stand now, I can say most confidently that I am convinced those rough patches were well worth the pain and frustration I endured as a result of them. I'm a far different person than I would be without those hard times. I will not lie and say those were enjoyable times, but I will tell you quite earnestly that I am fairly pleased with the outcome. I've still got places in my life that need smoothing out, but I can see how everything has been good.
And so now, as there are those little moments of terror, there remains a fervent confidence within me that God is good. And He will work things out according to His time and His plan.
Lisa, your outlook on life is an immense inspiration to me and I am certain many others. One might even refer to your outlook as an... absurd profundity!
ReplyDeleteIt is truly a joy to watch on as you traverse life, the ground appearing beneath your feet with each step. You're amazing and wonderful and I am proud of you.
It is with great gratitude that I embrace the pain of our pasts, with all their bittersweet trappings; for every ounce of it is what brought us here.
Can't wait to buy your novel. Hope you'll sign it for me and write me a note to make me feel special. ;)
Thanks! :). Of course I will sign my novel for you! Now I just have to finishing editing it. lol
DeleteDear Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI just found out about your blog, and I'm so glad I did! :)
Going through rough patches isn't enjoyable, but we can find gems in those patches. Gems such as opportunities to grow. They may be hard to spot, but you're an amazing detective! :)
-Diana
Thanks! :)
Delete