Friday, December 5, 2014

Choosing Grief

I have been struggling with the fact that I am going through grief when I have chosen this loss.  But as I have been processing through everything, I have realized that grief is a choice anyway, at least to some extent.  When we lose something, we experience a lot of emotions against our will.  Anger. Fear. Sadness.  But to actually go through the process and come to some resolution is a choice.  Letting our emotions play out instead of holding them in is a choice.  It's not an easy choice.  Experiencing the emotions associated with grief is not pleasant.  But it is a part of life, and to move on in a healthy way requires us to allow ourselves to feel that pain.  Please excuse the brevity of this post as part of my experience of grief tends to be silence, or in this case, a very small smattering of written word.

1 comment: