I'm not actually going to write an ode, by the way, but it fit with the topic... Have you ever been sidetracked by how comfortable the perfect pair of sweatpants is?
I was so tired when I got home tonight that I actually contemplated going to bed in my clothes rather than expend another ounce of energy and change into pajamas. I walked into my room and was greeted by the loveliest of sights (at least loveliest thing I can imagine when I'm that tired): a pair of comfy sweats on my bed. I'd forgotten during my day that they were there so when I walked in and saw them, I was ever so happy. This changed my night from one of collapsing into bed not really comfortably but not caring to one of lounging in bed enjoying the feeling of no longer being on my feet and wearing soft, somewhat oversized sweats.
Some days you just need that. Nothing else will do except to get comfortable.
There really is no philosophical point to this discussion, by the way. I'm not hiding some deep significance under mundane things. I really am just very happy for a comfy pair of sweatpants. If there would be any point to this at all, it would be: enjoy something that takes you from exhaustion to contented tiredness, whatever that may be. Sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment