Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Peace in the Wind
Sometimes I just need to be outside. There are a few dozen things I can think of that need to be done. A few more that I would like to do. But I couldn't sit one more moment inside. It's not that it's a particular warm day. Or that there were lots of people outside so I just wanted to be with them. I just needed the wind. Something about the wind reminds me that God is there. And today it was the strong wind that almost knocks you over that I needed. The cold wind that isn't like a soft caress. I needed to be reminded that God is bigger than my worries and when He allows me to go through difficult things, it's still right where He has me. I don't want to go through hard times. They are, by definition, uncomfortable. But despite that, I know that they are worth it because they cause me to grow. So for me, I find peace in the wind. The strong, bitterly cold wind that nearly takes me off my feet. When I get in out of the wind, being inside is a comfort. Like the trials of life... when they are over, what once seemed a burden is now a joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment