Monday, March 30, 2015

Wasting Time

I've been contemplating wasted time this week quite a bit.

My first shot of thoughts regarding wasting time came as a result of a sermon yesterday at church on missions.  I find myself often struggling thinking I have been wasting my time in not going to the mission field or full time vocational ministry in a church right now.  The truth is, I'm not.  And it took a couple friends and a stranger to remind me of that.  I am being equipped which is certainly not a waste of time.  I'm getting to know God better which is not a waste of time.  And I am building into other people so they can go out into the world and share Jesus with people.  That isn't a waste of time either.

My second thought was because of Facebook and technology.  It is so easy to waste time pouring into those things.  But what value are they?  Will the cute picture of puppies I just saw make my life any better?  No, probably not.  Will it matter in eternity whether I had the most friends?  Nope.

What will matter is that I take people with me.  Not that I go out in a blaze of glory, please don't mistake my meaning.  What I do mean is that as I live my life, I share Jesus with people and when I enter eternity it will be knowing that there are people there because I followed the call of Christ in my life.  That's what is important.

So today, I mentor, I disciple, I encourage, I equip, because that is what I am meant to do at this moment.  What the future holds, God only knows, but I'm excited to keep living every day for Him.  And I hope I do better not wasting time in the things that won't count for much when I am gone.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, blaze of glory. Miss you Lisa, but not completely because I can always feel you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete