Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Changing Perspectives


As I’ve been at school, my perspective has shifted.  Where once family was the most important thing in my life and work was a very close second, my desire to be within the will of God has become most important.  I am looking forward to seeing family and friends in a few days, but I’m not chomping at the bit.  It’s not that my family is unimportant, nor my friends for that matter.  They are still such a huge blessing in my life that I could never possibly think that they are anything other than wonderful, special, important parts of my life.  But my focus on them has diminished.  As much as I love them and look forward to seeing them, I am most eager to share my faith with others.

I am coming to the point where I can truly say with confidence and delight that I am willing to do anything, go anywhere, and I am ready to go whenever.  I will continue to gleefully absorb as much knowledge for as long as I am at school.  I will enjoy my time with loved ones when I can get it.  But these are not things which will hold me back from serving.

And in that, there is a downfall.  Living day to day life can sometimes get rather mundane.  I love my studies.  I am enjoying getting to know new people.  But if I am completely honest with myself, I must say that the details sometimes feel obnoxiously restrictive.  I sometimes find myself longing so much for some lightning bolt moment that I forget to follow through on the things I am called to do right now.  Be a friend.  Be a daughter.  Learn.  Grow.  Be equipped.

I went from getting so caught up in the day to day details that I didn’t listen at all for God to change directions on me to now getting so caught up looking for where God wants me that I don’t pay attention to the small details.  As with everything else, there must be balance.  And that is what I am praying for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment