Over the past several days, the fact that the semester is nearing an end has really become a reality to me. This means that seniors will be graduating and moving on to the next phase of life; some students will just not be back next year for various reasons. I'll be traveling again. There will be another period of adjustment. I don't remember the end of the semester being such a difficult time in college before. I more remember it being a relief when the semester ended.
I look forward to seeing my parents, my dear friends from home, my church family, and my extended family. I really do miss the people back home. And I also recognize that my brain feels like a waterlogged sponge. I could use the break. I've learned so much and grown so much while I've been here. When I came out here, I had every intention of keeping you all updated on what was going on in my life. Very quickly, though, I realized that I was not going to be able to do that. To truly update you, I would have to take you all with me every minute of every day. I can't possibly convey everything I have been learning.
And to even try would be a daunting task. It has been an amazing time.
I have made so many great friends. I have learned so many great truths. I have found my heart transformed in ways that I cannot begin to describe. And to some extent some of those things would be too personal to try to describe. That in and of itself is a poor excuse of an explanation. It implies that I would share with select people what has changed in my heart. But that is not accurate. And not for a lack of willingness to share. They have been deep, life transformations that you would have to know me almost as well as I know myself to be able to understand.
I can tell you for sure that I am more deeply in love with Jesus than I ever have been before in my life. I'm nervous about being back in the real world again. I've enjoyed being refreshed. And I look forward to coming back in the fall to see what new things God has for me to learn.
I look forward to reconnecting with people this summer. And I do look forward to shifting gears, even if the thought of it scares me a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment