Have you ever done something that you were terrified to do but then when you started doing it suddenly you were doing it boldly?
I was out and about today with some fellow students sharing the truth of God's Word. One of those amongst us was very nervous to go. I am not sure if she was shivering from the cold or from nervousness. Either way, she was visibly uncomfortable. And yet as we began to share, this precious young lady grew more confident and went from trembling to boldness. It was exciting to see.
I've been going through something similar, where there is some fear in my life, but then today as I was confronted with some of those fears, I was able to face them boldly. Unexpectedly so. I didn't expect to face those particular fears today. And I certainly never expected that in the midst of it I would actually be almost comfortable.
I was amazed at this and I was pleased. It's so great to see how God is driving out various things from my life. Fear. Pride. Selfishness. I know I will never be completely free of these things. But I also enjoy seeing God work in my life. It's hard. Painful, honestly. Some of these things run far deeper than I ever could have imagined. Despite that, though, I am so glad to see what God is doing it. He is overcoming those fears in my life just as He gave my fellow student more confidence.
Sometimes this means we need to be practicing something. Sometimes it means we need to be patient instead of taking control. Sometimes it means being ready to jump at a moment's notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment